Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs

Impounded Vehicles

If your vehicle has been impounded and brought to our premises, we will gladly help you recover your vehicle as quickly and as inexpensively as possible. Please note the following instructions and read our Frequently Asked Questions to ensure best possible service
Instructions to Recover Your Impounded Vehicle

  1. Come to our office during office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
  2. Bring the following paperwork:
    • Proof of Ownership (Any of the following: Current registration, insurance papers with your name printed on front, rental vehicle contract – if a rental).
    • Photo Identification (Drivers license, BC ID, Current valid Student ID)
    • Police department release form if your car has any kind of hold.
  3. Provide full payment (Cash, Visa or Master Card. No interact or checks will be accepted).

Instructions to Retrieve Property from a Vehicle

Note: We will only release property from a vehicle to a registered owner during office hours only. There are no exceptions to this rule. You must be able to show a valid picture identification to claim any property.

If the vehicle has a police hold, you must obtain a “property release” from the appropriate police department.

Please note that nothing attached to the vehicle by any means will be released.

Items that may be released: clothing, CDs or tapes, papers, medications, purse or backpack, etc.

Items that will NOT be released: stereos, speakers, amplifiers, battery, wheels, etc.

To retrieve your vehicle after a 30-60-90 day impound

  1. Must go to DMV and file for order of release
  2. Name listed on order of release must be present
  3. Picture identification
  4. Cash, visa, master card only. Sorry no interact or cheques

Frequently Asked Impounded Vehicles Questions

Does it matter how long I leave my vehicle at Peninsula Towing?

Yes. Fees are assessed daily. To minimize your costs, please arrange to pick-up your vehicle as soon as possible.

What happens if I don’t retrieve my vehicle?

Option 1: You can do nothing and leave your vehicle. We will attempt to sell it and recover the towing and storage fees. If the vehicle does not sell, or the sale price does not cover the fees, we will begin collection proceedings to recover the remaining balance.


Option 2: We understand that sometimes people are in a difficult situation and may not have the means to be able to claim their vehicle. In this situation, we offer an “amnesty” for the vehicle. This works by you paying us for the tow charge and some of the storage as well as signing transfer papers. (This covers our costs and allows us to dispose of the vehicle). Then we keep the vehicle and do not proceed with the collection process. For anyone interested in protecting his or her credit, we strongly suggest this option.

What if I’m not the vehicle’s registered owner?

If you are not the registered owner, you must have the registered owner come into our office with you